Peppermint Pure Essential Oil
From the leaves of Mentha piperita plant.
Helps prevent: Expectorant, decongestant, upset stomach and indigestion, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), stimulates liver and gall bladder function, flatulence, allergic rhinitis (hay fever), nausea, dizziness, headaches, promotes alertness, mouthwash, and antispasmodic.
• Expectorant, decongestant, allergic rhinitis, nausea, dizziness, headaches, alertness: Inhale using a cool mist diffuser by adding 8 to 12 drops per one cup (8 ounce) of distilled water (start with 8 drops to test the strength); on a tissue or handkerchief by adding 1 to 2 drops; or sniff from the bottle. Inhale for 30 to 45 minutes daily.
• Upset stomach, indigestion, bloating, heartburn, IBS, flatulence, liver and gall bladder function: Inhale using the above techniques; or follow the dilution ratio (attached) and apply on the abdomen; or add 1 drop of peppermint to a glass of water and drink. To increase efficacy, use two of these applications at the same time.
• Antispasmodic: Follow the dilution ratio (attached) and apply on affected areas.
• Mouthwash: Add 1 to 2 drops of peppermint to 1 cup of water.
• Avoid using in children under 3 and use caution on children under 6 especially near the face or nose.
• May cause respiratory distress or breathing problems in very young children.
• May irritate mucous membranes (eyes, mouth, nasal passages, vagina, rectum).
• May aggravate acid reflux condition.
Please note: essential oils are highly concentrated, strong, and powerful liquids that can be harmful if not used carefully and properly. This is an especially potent blend of essential oil which could cause irritation when applied to the skin. We encourage you to dilute oils at all times with any carrier oil and exercise caution when using them, and we do not recommend using essential oils internally. Please keep essential oils out of reach of children.