Grapefruit Pure Essential Oil
From the peel of Citrus paradisi
Aids in weight management by balancing appetite, reduces the appearance of “cottage-cheese” skin by increasing blood flow to the area, helps release excess water weight (diuretic), stimulating (energizing), antidepressant, supports digestive system detoxification, freshens air and disinfects counter tops and wooden surfaces.
• Weight management, reduce appetite: Add 2 drops to water, a smoothie, or a sparkling beverage 30 minutes before mealtime. Also, massage the oil onto the chest and wrists when a craving strikes.
• Appearance of “cottage-cheese” skin: Mix 50-50 of grapefruit and carrier oil (extra virgin coconut oil, almond oil, hazelnut oil, etc.) and massage onto areas of concern daily.
• Excess water weight: Add 1 to 2 drops to drinking water; or apply topically over the kidneys. For topical and direct application, use 1 drop for every 20 kg of body weight.
• Stimulating, antidepressant: Use a cool mist diffuser, add 8 to 12 drops per one cup (8 ounce) of distilled water (start with 8 drops to test the strength); use a tissue or handkerchief by adding 1 to 2 drops; or sniff from the bottle. Inhale for 30 to 45 minutes daily.
• Digestive system detoxification: Follow the 50-50 mixture above and massage onto the abdomen. This is to increase blood flow to the digestive organs.
• Air freshener and disinfecting: Follow the diffusion instruction as noted above. For disinfecting counters, dilute 5-6 drops of grapefruit to 2 tablespoons of water in a sprayer bottle. Double the dilution ratio if you need more.
Caution: If applied on skin, may be photosensitizing. Avoid sun exposure for at least 12 hours.
Please note: essential oils are highly concentrated, strong, and powerful liquids that can be harmful if not used carefully and properly. This is an especially potent blend of essential oil which could cause irritation when applied to the skin. We encourage you to dilute oils at all times with any carrier oil and exercise caution when using them, and we do not recommend using essential oils internally. Please keep essential oils out of reach of children.